Application Specialist II at Datafin Recruitment
ENVIRONMENT: Ensure applications are maintained and remain fit for purpose and optimal delivery of quality systems as the next Application Specialist II wanted by a growing retail group You will administer the applications and Provide technical / documentation expertise in the development and execution lifecycle of store inventory management systems. You will need a 3-year graduate degree in computer science with at least 5 years of relevant experience. You should have SQL skills, experience in project management, assessment and risk management, knowledge of retail IT systems and in-depth knowledge of application content and technical and architectural knowledge with a solid understanding of ITIL [URL Removed] contribution to the STI strategy and the relevant systems strategy
- Collaborate with the IT manager and ensure input to the one-year operating plan and project priority plan in accordance with the ITS strategy and relevant business requirements.
- Provide feedback on risk management and systems risk mitigation strategies.
Provide quality system solutions that meet the business –
- Provide feedback and guidance to the IT manager and application teams to ensure identification and delivery of system solutions.
Keep abreast of best practices and the latest developments
- Proactively update ITS and the business as needed.
- Proactively identify and recommend opportunities to deliver new solutions and improve existing solutions to meet business needs.
Ensure that solutions comply with WW architectural and technical standards and principles
- Provide architectural and technical enlightened leadership to application teams.
- Collaborate with the business, systems analysts, developers, project managers, and IT team to ensure solutions are viable and consistent.
- Participate in system checks and quality assurance.
- 3-year higher IT diploma.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience.
- Strong documentation skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Experience working in an agile environment with peers and business counterparts.
- Knowledge of retail computer systems.
- In-depth knowledge of the content of relevant applications.
- Relevant technical and architectural knowledge.
- Project management skills.
- Relevant business knowledge.
- Solid experience and understanding of SQL.
- Risk assessment and management.
- Possibility of carrying out a watch.
- Good understanding of ITIL principles.
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills for junior team members.
- Strong leadership and collaborative skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
While we would really love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS: When applying for jobs, make sure you have the minimum requirements for the job. OnlyCitizens of South Africa will be considered for this role. If you are not at the location listed for any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please send a Word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more / Apply for this position