BI Developer at Michael Page South Africa Limited
Our client, a specialist insurance company, is looking to hire a qualified BI Developer with extensive experience in data acquisition and management to join their growing team, position based in Gauteng.
Our client is a specialist insurance company, which operates in the corporate risk finance sector, their objective is to provide risk and reward services to their clients. Johannesburg-based company.
The BI Developer will be responsible for:
- End-to-end data acquisition and data management (event-based/streaming data pipelines, ETL, Data Lake, data warehousing and dimensional data modeling.
- Import the data into the enterprise data lake/data warehouse.
- Reporting on the progress of data acquisition, regulatory and financial accounting.
- Participate in quality assurance, user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Ability to define a structured approach to problem solving and delivery accordingly.
- Ability to assimilate new information quickly and think broadly when analyzing and solving problems.
- Autonomous and able to work independently and within a team.
- Able to multi-task.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Computer-related degree or diploma
- Microsoft Certification or Cloud Certification
- Minimum 5 years of experience in BI (SSIS, SSRS)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in data warehousing (Kimbal methodology)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in cube development (SSAS, MDX)
- Must have insurance experience – Non-negotiable
- Database technologies: SQL Server 2012, SQL query, SQL security
- Cloud technologies
- Hadoop components including HDFS, Hive, Spark, Oozie, and Impala
- Event-based/streaming data pipelines (e.g. Kafka or Nifi)
- Object-oriented/object-functional scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala or related
- Experience in SQL architecture preferred.
- Understanding of advantageous financial accounting.
- Working knowledge of C# / VB.Net / VBA advantageous.
- Ability to interact with customers.
Medical aid, Provident fund
About the employer:
Specialized insurance company
Find out more/Apply to this position