BI Developer – REMOTE – up to R1m per year at e-Merge IT Recruitment
A Durban-based company is expanding its bi and data science capabilities and is currently seeking an experienced BI developer to support its local and international digital health projects in the public technology sector.
Apply for the opportunity to join this dynamic business and technical team to provide an effective health information system and integrated health architecture on several exciting digital and health information systems projects in South Africa and beyond. African countries.
We are looking for a Philanthropist, some of whom are passionate about people and the community.
- Bachelor’s degree or graduate degree with majors (computer science, engineering, information systems, business, actuarial science, etc.)
- Proven experience as a BI developer or Data Scientist
- 5 years of relevant industry experience is required
- Experience in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
- In-depth knowledge of SQL
- In-depth understanding of Database Management Systems, Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) and ETL Framework (Extract, Transform, Load)
- Knowledge of BI technologies (e.g. SAP Hana, Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI)
- Exceptional understanding of databases (SQL, NoSQL, columnar, relational, etc.), data warehousing, data modeling, dimensional modeling, data analysis and has a solid background in programming databases using a variety of SQL variants as well as NoSQL
- Experience with various technologies e.g. Hadoop, MongoDB, AWS DynamoDB, Postgres, MySQL, MariaDB, AWS Redshift, Microsoft Server stack
- Design, development and deployment of clinical data warehouses and reporting / analytical data centers for health departments in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs)
- Meet with clients to gather and / or clarify requirements associated with data warehousing or business intelligence deliverables
- Design, develop, test, debug, support and document ETL processes for data warehouse implementations
- Design, develop, implement, operate and maintain Business Intelligence (BI) solutions, for example reporting / analytics platforms
- Develop software components and solutions that meet development standards and that are accurate, efficient and maintainable
- Create tools to store data for reporting purposes (e.g. OLAP cubes)
- Perform unit tests and troubleshooting
- Present information through reports and visualization
- Develop and analyze data elements and health indicators
- Clean dirty data, manage data / information quality
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
The reference number for this position is LN53016 which is a permanent / contract remotely based position offering a company salary cost of R1m per year, negotiable based on experience and ability. Contact Lebo on [Email Address Removed] or call her [Phone Number Removed]; to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT Recruitment is a specialized niche recruitment agency. We provide options for our candidates so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Visit the e-Merge website [URL Removed] for more good positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or tech specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
Desired work experience:
- 5 to 10 years of software development
Desired qualification level: