Business Intelligence Developer – IT-Online
An innovative financial services organization seeks a Business Intelligence Developer to create business value by applying data engineering, data visualization, reporting, and data management disciplines to design and build data solutions that enable data-driven decisions and optimized business processes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with source system owners and analysts to understand source data, e.g. data profiling, analysis, definition and mapping.
- Work with business owners, data analysts and business analysts to design and implement effective and efficient data models using appropriate modeling techniques.
- Create data visualizations (including reports and dashboards), perform data analysis and write ad hoc data extracts.
- Design, implement and monitor efficient data loads and pipelines, using ETL and ELT best practices.
- Design and implement appropriate aggregation data structures that improve data usability, e.g. multi-dimensional OLAP structures, summary tables, etc.
- Design and implement data models that support automated decision making and/or other analytics, data science, and machine learning.
- Provide technical and data-related support to source system teams and external parties with whom we exchange data.
- Work with business owners and analysts to translate business requirements into technical specifications to design, build and deploy business reports.
- Maintaining database integrity, performance and backup.
- Support system development with SQL integration.
Ideal candidates hold a relevant advanced degree in Information Technology/Mathematics/Engineering/Actuarial Science or a related discipline, plus three years of relevant experience in a technical data role, preferably in a formal data environment, data warehousing or business intelligence with good exposure to data visualization and data analysis.
- Advanced Excel
- Data analysis
- Data mining
- Data visualization
- Report writing
- Dashboard design
- Data modeling
- Process reengineering
- Microsoft BI
- Power BI
- Azure blue
- SQL Server Integration Services
- SSIS development
- Data warehousing
Desired work experience:
Desired level of qualification:
Find out more/Apply to this position