Couchbase Announces Google Clo – GuruFocus.com
Gives developers maximum flexibility to build and scale apps on Google Cloud’s vast infrastructure
Company adds multi-cloud capabilities to its high-performance, easy-to-use DBaaS
SANTA CLARA, Calif., June 2, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Couchbase, Inc. (NASDAQ:BASE), a leading modern database provider for enterprise applications, today announced its Couchbase Capella™ Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) offering is now available on Google Cloud. Customers now have greater flexibility in where to deploy Capella, improving alignment with applications and supporting hybrid and multi-cloud strategies from a single platform at a price. superior to that of competitors.
Couchbase Capella DBaaS now available on Google Cloud, giving customers more flexibility in where to deploy Capella
“Accelerating the development and deployment of database applications has become increasingly important for companies that are digitally transforming their businesses,” said Ritika Suri, Director of Technology Partnerships, Google Cloud. “By making its Capella offering available on Google Cloud’s secure and flexible global infrastructure, Couchbase offers customers a cost-effective way to accelerate their application development.”
Capella is a fully managed DBaaS that offloads database management, reduces costs, and provides database flexibility for developers and large-scale performance for enterprise applications. For developers and in all organizations, Capella’s familiarity with SQL as a query language dramatically reduces the learning and usage curve.
Couchbase Capella customer benefits include:
- Simple as SQL. SQL users can develop with Couchbase Capella without learning another query language, and they can deploy with just a few clicks. A management pane simplifies multi-cluster, multi-region, and multi-cloud operations.
- Develop with agility across use cases. Developers benefit from multi-model capabilities (document, key-value, full-text search, analytics) and data structure flexibility, allowing them to develop applications for operational and transactional workloads on a single platform. Users can choose one of ten SDKs with their preferred programming language.
- Premium performance and cost-effectiveness at scale. Couchbase Capella’s unique real-time, memory-first architecture ensures millisecond responses for highly interactive and personalized applications, while price-performance ratio continues to improve as users evolve.
- Multi cloud. By extending to Google Cloud, customers can easily build and run applications across all cloud service providers with just a few clicks.
“With Capella on Google Cloud, we offer flexible multi-model access and data structure capabilities that allow customers to grow with agility for an even broader set of use cases, all from a single supplier,” said Scott Anderson, senior vice president of product management and business operations at Couchbase. “Our customers turn to Couchbase to help them realize their modernization strategies and we have seen strong demand from our customers for Capella on Google Cloud. Extending Couchbase Capella to Google Cloud means we can accelerate the growth and product innovation at scale for even more customers, giving them the ability to go through multiple cloud service providers.”
Couchbase Capella is now available on Google Cloud. Start a free trial today by clicking here to see how easy it is to be up and running in minutes with Couchbase.
- For more information on Couchbase Capella on Google Cloud, read this blog post
- To discover all the ways Couchbase can be deployed in any cloud, visit this page
- Read the new Couchbase Cloud Evolution report here
At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of business. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most critical applications. Couchbase provides a high performance, flexible and scalable modern database that runs in the data center and in any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on. For more information, visit www.couchbase.com.
Couchbase®, the Couchbase logo, and the names and marks associated with Couchbase products are trademarks of Couchbase, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
View original content for multimedia download: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/couchbase-announces-google-cloud-support-for-industry-leading-capella-database-as-a-service-301560158 .html