Data Analyst – Research and Knowledge Team at Fountain House, Inc.
Data Analyst – Research and Knowledge Team
Fountain House, Inc., New York, NY USA
Working at Fountain House, Inc.
Level: experienced (non-manager)
Duration: full time
SUMMARY OF POSITION
This person will play a critical role in improving the data infrastructure to provide an important foundation for building research and knowledge. Well-organized and robust data is essential to the growth of Fountain House’s new research and knowledge team as it expands its mission to improve the lives of people with severe mental illness.
Terms & Conditions
Note: This position is currently working remotely, due to Covid-19, and can be expected to report to the New York offices on a regular or part-time basis, once we reopen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and clean various clinical and related care management data systems.
- Integrate data from different sources.
- Perform data analysis.
- Support the research database administrator with a variety of technical / data needs.
- Develop data management systems and processes to support the organization’s data and analytics requests.
- Generate data reports with explanatory analysis.
- Support the production and maintenance of dashboards and data collection portals.
- Adhere to HIPAA security and privacy measures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Excellent data management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Need to approach work with a collaborative and flexible mindset.
- Ability to work independently and conduct assignments until completion of parameters of given instructions, prescribed routines and accepted standard practices
- Creativity in problem solving around data management and technical needs.
- Familiarity with healthcare data environments.
- Passion for the Fountain House mission.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND PERIMENTATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 2-5 years of training and / or work experience required.
- Experience and understanding of public health and / or mental health an asset.
Technical skills required:
- Microsoft Power Platform, including Power Apps (with meaningful code), Power Automate, Power BI
- SharePoint, including detailed permissions diagram and integration with Outlook and Teams
- Excellent flat file skills for data cleaning and visualization
- MS-SQL, T-SQL
Preferred technical skills:
- DSE experience
- API programming
- MS Access RDBMS including major installation with VBA and SharePoint integration
- Azure Active Directory
- Descriptive statistics
- Microsoft teams
- Atlassian Jira
- To perform this job successfully, a person must be able to perform each essential task and meet all physical demands satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential functions.
About Fountain House, Inc.
Serious mental illnesses affect 23 million people in the United States each year. The stigma, rejection, and isolation that accompany mental illness are often as damaging and debilitating as the illness itself.
We are both in danger and in opportunity. A pandemic and protests highlight the disparities within our nation and the systemic undermining of human dignity for centuries. People with mental illness – especially if they are people of color – are among the most marginalized and most at risk. But there is a promise. The Clubhouse model, launched by Fountain House at its New York base and inspiring 300 other Clubhouses around the world who work with 100,000 people with mental illness to access their potential, is a movement poised to grow, take action. and bring about change.
By working with new leaders and a growing communications and external affairs team, we intend to seize the moment. Our ambitions are high but strong. Together, we will change the discourse on mental illness, build our advocacy base, and spark policy change that cuts across and is part of a larger movement for social justice.
Want to learn more about Fountain House, Inc.? Visit
Fountain House, Inc. website