Database Analyst – IT-Online
Data Product Engineer
Purpose of the role: Help the Data Services team bring enterprise data to market with technology. The candidate should be responsible for descriptive, predictive and possibly prescriptive data analysis. This role will also be responsible for developing solutions on the MS Power platform
Minimum qualifications Experience and knowledge
- South African citizen or permanent resident with a valid SA ID card
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an engineer / data analyst
- Advanced knowledge of Power BI. Knowledge of PowerApps and Power Automat is an asset
- In-depth understanding of Azure, Azure Data Factory, and other Microsoft-related big data tools
- Experience using Core Python, R, and SQL statistical computing languages to manipulate data and derive insights from large datasets
- Hands-on experience designing SQL databases
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Good understanding of software development cycle and system support skills
- Experience with Azure Synapse Analytics would be beneficial
- Knowledge of programming languages would be a plus
Provide service and support in the company (Internal Process):
In collaboration with the information technology team, ensure IT operational excellence by:
- Design and implementation of low latency, high availability and high performance reporting and insights.
- Create and maintain an optimal data pipeline architecture
- Ability to create and optimize big data datasets, pipelines and architectures
- Assemble large and complex datasets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, redesigning infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using “Big Data” technologies.
- Build analytics tools that use the data pipeline to deliver actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance indicators.
- Work with stakeholders, including management, product, data, and design teams, to resolve technical data issues and meet their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics for data teams that help them build and optimize our data products
- Integration of user-oriented elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic.
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Work collaboratively with the design team to understand end user requirements to provide technical solutions and for the implementation of new software features.
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python, R, and other data-related programming languages
- Understanding the differences between multiple streaming platforms, such as mobile and desktop, and optimizing the output to match the specific platform.
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Strong skills in unit testing and debugging.
Engage with customers in a customer-centric manner (Customer Services):
- Build ongoing relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure operations run smoothly.
- Provide efficient and consistent service to stakeholders.
- Participate in and contribute to a culture that builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional customer service.
- Look at industry trends and customer feedback to think about features.
- Communicate, collaborate and negotiate with key stakeholders (e.g. Value Stream Leader, Compliance, etc.)
- Effectively articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Perform in a fast-paced, high-demand environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- Manage large-scale initiatives and collaborate effectively with stakeholders across business and technical teams.
- Lead discovery, modeling and process improvement activities
- Negotiate, influence and collaborate to build successful relationships.
- Ability to synthesize complex analytical results into executive-level communications.
Self-management and teamwork (people):
- Develop and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with colleagues, peers and stakeholders.
- Continuously develop its own expertise in terms of professional and sectoral knowledge.
- Ability to work independently and complete all duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Contribute to continuous innovation by developing, sharing and implementing new ideas.
- Ability to work proactively and independently to deliver accurate and precise work.
- Support personal career development.
- Obtain appropriate buy-in for difficult decisions and solve complex problems, especially when there is no agreement between stakeholders, know how to negotiate and when to escalate.
- Work with operations and technical teams to research and resolve production issues. Clarify ambiguities and customer experience based on business requirements and product goals.
Contribute to financial controls and planning (Finance):
- Identify and recommend IT solutions to improve operational efficiency.
- Contribute to the identification of risks and communicate the recommendations to the appropriate teams/directions.
- Analytical and conceptual thinking.
- Expertise of the MS Power platform
- Basic Python expertise
- Good understanding of multi-process architecture
- Logical reasoning.
- Learning oriented.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Documentary skills.
- Data and quantitative analysis
- Decision Analysis
- Predictive modeling
- Data-driven personalization
- Business Intelligence (BI)
- Research, reports and forecasts
- Azure Data Factory
- Basic Python
- Database design
- Data mining
- Data models
- Data segmentation
- Data analysis
- Microsoft Power
Desired level of qualification:
About the employer:
Central securities depository and collateral platform.
Employer and Benefits:
Find out more/Apply to this position