How to Download Microsoft SQL Server 2019 on Windows 11 2022 Tip
This tutorial is about how to download Microsoft SQL Server 2019 on Windows 11. We will try our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Download Microsoft SQL Server 2019 on Windows 11. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How to Download Microsoft SQL Server 2019 on Windows 11
As a Windows 11 user, you might be worried about downloading and installing a Microsoft SQL Server, right? You are on the right page, my friend. In this blog post, I will walk you through the process in detail. SQL Servers are important for people who run businesses and organizations because most of them have an online presence today. So if you run a business or work for an organization, chances are you have your own database. And SQL is the language they use to communicate with that database and access it from time to time.
And yes, it also inevitably involves learning the SQL language, because it is the need of the hour. Anyway, let’s start by downloading and installing SQL Server on your Windows 11 computer.
Install SQL Server 2019 Developer Edition
Now that we have the installation media, we can start installing SQL Server. Let’s see how to install SQL Server step by step.
- Run the installation of the media file (ISO file) downloaded in the previous section by double-clicking on it. It will extract/mount all content to a new temporary drive.
- Once the extraction is complete, double click on the setup.exe file and you will see the following screen. Click the Install option in the left pane, then click New SQL Server standalone installation or add features to an existing installation option in the right pane.
- You will now see the Product Key window. Select the Developer option from the drop-down menu and click the Next button.
- You will now see the License Terms window. Simply check the box and click the Next button.
- You will now see the Microsoft update window. It is not mandatory to check for the latest updates, but it is recommended. So check the box and click the Next button.
- It will now check for updates and install them, if any.
- After that, it will check some rules or prerequisites for installing SQL Server. Once you have passed all the rules, click on the Next button. Sometimes you may encounter an error at this point. You can find some known bugs at the end of this article.
- In the Feature Selection window, select the features as shown in the following screenshot. You can also change the installation location of the SQL Server instance, but I’ll choose the default location. After selecting features, click the Next button.
- You will check some prerequisite rules/features and then you will see the instance configuration screen. Here you can choose between Default Instance and Named Instance. Here I will use the named instance.
- Then you will see the Server Settings window. On the Service Accounts tab, select Automatic for the startup type of the SQL Server Agent, SQL Server Database Engine, and SQL Server Browser services. In the Ranking tab, select the ranking according to your preferences. accent sensitivity properties for your data. The collations used with character data types, such as char and varchar, dictate the code page and corresponding characters that can be represented for that data type. –Microsoft.
- Then you will see the Database Engine Configuration window. On the Server Settings tab, choose Mixed Mode in the Authentication Mode section and enter a strong password. In the Specify SQL Server administrators section, your current Windows user should already be added automatically. Otherwise, click the Add Current User button. On the Data Directories tab, specify locations for database files and backup files. By default, it saves all files on C drive, but it is not recommended to store database files on OS drive because if any OS related issues occur, we risk to lose our data. Therefore, I choose drive D on my local machine. In the TempDB tab, there are settings for temporary database files. There are a few best practices on how to configure temporary database file locations, number of files, and their sizes. Ideally, the number of TempDB data files should match the number of logical processors. So I have a number of files for 2. If you want to dive deeper into TempDB best practices, here’s a really good article on that. Next, in the MaxDOP tab, the maximum degree of parallelism (MAXDOP) is a server setting option for running SQL Server on multiple processors. Controls the number of processors used to execute a single instruction when executing a parallel plan. By default, the configuration will propose a value based on the system configuration. For more information and best practices, click here. Next, in the Memory tab, we can configure how much memory the SQL Server instance can consume. By default, the installation process will recommend the minimum and maximum memory allocation based on the configuration of the system it is installed on. However, you can change it. Here you will find best practices for SQL Server memory configurations. In the FILESTREAM tab, leave the box unchecked as we are not going to enable this feature. FILESTREAM, in SQL Server, allows you to store these large documents, images, or files on the file system itself. For more information, click the Next button.
- Next, the installation will check some feature configuration rules, then the Ready to Install window will appear. This window displays the summary of all the functions and configurations that we have made in the previous steps. Once, review the summary and click on the Install button.
- The installation will now begin and it may take some time depending on our settings.
- After installation, it will show you the list of features and their installation status. If an error has occurred, it will be displayed here.
Final words: How to download Microsoft SQL Server 2019 on Windows 11
Hope you understand this article How to Download Microsoft SQL Server 2019 on Windows 11, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.