Okera for Snowflake provides privacy and data security policies for Snowflake customers
Okera announced Okera for Snowflake, a new software as a service (SaaS) offering for the Snowflake Data Cloud that will be exclusively available on AWS in 2022. The company also announced that the latest version of its flagship solution, Okera Dynamic Access Platform (ODAP), has now improved native end-to-end integration with Snowflake.
Okera for Snowflake will provide the same powerful data authorization and auditing capabilities as ODAP, but as a packaged and priced SaaS application for Snowflake. Designed to eliminate technical complexity while delivering exceptional data security performance, the solution gives all data stakeholders the ability to collaboratively create dynamic data privacy and security policies, automatically enforce those policies. and continuously monitor access to sensitive data.
Okera for Snowflake and ODAP natively integrate with Snowflake in a way that eliminates the tradeoffs, complexities, and slowness associated with other approaches to data access governance. Data teams can deliver business value faster and with confidence, while data security and privacy teams can validate appropriate security mandates and data privacy regulations are implemented as intended. .
âWe are proud to partner with Snowflake and support their vision for Data Cloud. Okera simplifies policy management so that data teams can quickly and securely provide access to sensitive data, âsaid John Marchese, vice president of global alliances and partner sales channels, Okera. âOkera’s at-a-glance dynamic policy authorization, combined with Snowflake’s native policy enforcement, delivers a superior user experience that makes it easy for organizations to use data responsibly. “
âOur clients have made it clear that data governance is now a top priority for their organizations and a key requirement of the data platforms they invest in,â said Tarik Dwiek, head of technology alliances at Snowflake. âOur partnership with Okera allows us to provide the governance capabilities our clients need. We continue to be impressed with the vision and execution of the Okera team and the value it provides to our mutual clients. ”
âOkera’s data authorization platform, with fine-grained access control, enables DataOps.live to ensure that each data pipeline reliably and consistently enforces the agreed-upon data security beacons on sensitive data items to ensure that proper tokenization or masking occurs from Snowflake, âsaid Justin Mullen, CEO of DataOps.live. âThis new integration ensures that Okera will always prevent inappropriate access to confidential, personally identifiable and regulated data, as data security tags are applied and reapplied every time every pipeline is executed, whether in development environments. , test or production. Human error removed!
Okera’s support for native Snowflake capabilities includes:
- Snowflake native SQL syntax – Okera provides full end-to-end support for Snowflake’s native SQL syntax, making the full power of Snowflake Data Cloud available to all user queries.
- Snowflakes and Snowsight Worksheets: With Okera’s data authorization capabilities, data governance teams can more quickly and confidently grant power users the privilege to run native Snowflake queries directly in the Snowflake web interface.
- Snowflake Connectors: Combined with support for Snowflake’s native SQL syntax, Okera works with native JDBC / ODBC connectors for Snowflake Data Cloud. Native connectivity protects investments in dashboards, reports, and advanced analytics created using third-party BI and other SQL tools.
- Accelerated snowpark: Okera uses User Defined Functions (UDFs) to implement data security and privacy transformations, such as dynamic data masking and tokenization. Common customers can also take advantage of the full Java programming language to build their own UDFs for custom data security use cases and increase speed at run time.
- Snowflake object markup: As part of the recently introduced Snowflake Accelerated Data Governance Program, Snowflake allows users to apply business context tags that identify data objects as sensitive, PII, or owned by a cost center. These tags can be automatically synchronized with Okera for simple, fast and scalable policy development and dynamic policy enforcement.
- Snowflake access history: Okera may use Snowflake access history data to incorporate Snowflake’s native auditing capability into the Okera platform to provide additional security context for the use of Snowflake data, including what tags are used and by whom. Okera allows you to examine data residing in Snowflake and other data platforms.