Reporting Performance Analyst Job with SOUTHERN CROSS UNIVERSITY
- Base salary ranges from $96,088 to $104,376 per year plus 17% super
- Flexible and inclusive work environment with generous compensation and benefits
- Transform your career with Southern Cross University
Southern Cross University is a young, dynamic and rising institution of excellence committed to transforming tomorrow. Our revolutionary new education model brings a deeper learning experience, improving outcomes and quality of life for every student.
Working at Southern Cross University combines a rare combination of being surrounded by ambitious students, incredible and dedicated colleagues, and an environment of stunning natural beauty. We are leaders in our communities in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Coffs Harbor and the Gold Coast and are proud to help shape a better future.
About the Opportunity
Southern Cross University’s Office of Business Intelligence and Quality is seeking a Reporting Performance Analyst. This role will support the Manager, Reporting and Analysis to undertake a range of monitoring and performance measurement tools to meet Department of Education, Skills and Employment (DESE) requirements.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement the work unit’s data confirmation plan and lead governance activities around reporting within the University;
- Lead data validation projects to ensure that all data submitted to the Commonwealth is accurate and consistent with source data (Student Management System – Student One);
- Liaise with various departments of the University to facilitate resolution of data errors ensuring timelines are met within legislative compliance with complex error reporting deadlines; and
- Support the work unit by submitting student and staff data, including creating report templates using advanced Excel and VBA macros for ongoing file uploads and data validation prior to submission ( i.e. QILT).
You will use your high-level analytical skills to interpret and present complex data in meaningful reports. Additionally, your high-level interpersonal skills will enable you to translate complex data concepts to a range of internal stakeholders and make recommendations that support decision-making.
More specifically, you will have:
- A relevant degree in data science, analytics, or a related field and at least four years of experience in a data analytics or data science role, or a combination or equivalent education and experience;
- Solid experience in analyzing large and complex datasets for validation purposes and identifying trends and data quality issues; and
- Extensive knowledge and ability to use VBA, DAX and SQL macros.
The values of the University are integrity and collegiality. Alignment with these values, as well as the ability to actively contribute to the success of a team, are inherent requirements of the role.
Salary and benefits
Our staff benefit from flexible working arrangements, including hybrid working models, generous parental and carer leave provisions, wellness initiatives, employee assistance programs and learning opportunities professional.
This position is:
- Full-time, continuous (permanent)
- Located in Lismore or Gold Coast. Generous resettlement support available.
- HEW Level 7. Base salary ranges from $96,088 to $104,376 per year, plus a 17% employer pension contribution. The total compensation package can reach $122,119 per year.
To learn more about working at SCU, visit Why work at SCU.
Candidates must apply online and provide answers to the selection criteria in the job description before the closing date. Information to help you prepare your application is available on our website. If you are having difficulty applying online or require reasonable adjustments at any time during the application or interview process, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Applicants for employment must be Australian or New Zealand citizens, Australian permanent residents or currently hold a visa with permanent work rights in Australia. Employer visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Additional information is available in the job description or by contacting:
Name: Don Johnston, Manager, Reporting and Analytics
Telephone: 02 6620 3176
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 5:00 p.m. AEST, August 1, 2021
Southern Cross University is committed to diversity and social inclusion and aims to ensure equality in the recruitment of our staff. Applications are supported and encouraged by those who bring diversity to the University.
Together, we are transforming tomorrow.