Senior SQL Developer – IT-Online
Well-Established IT Company Seeks Senior SQL Developer Based in Durban
Purpose of the role:
- Provide technical leadership as a senior SQL developer whose main objective is to maintain and improve the company’s MS SQL database offering to ensure the scalability / reliability and functionality of all databases of data
- This role requires advanced T-SQL skills as well as the ability to coach and guide junior team members
- This role will report to the DBA Team Leader.
- Relevant IT diploma or diploma
Skills and experience:
- 5-7 years of experience in a commercial environment using a high transaction database.
- Over 5 years of experience in MSSQL-all aspects.
- Advanced SQL skills and query writing skills.
- Advanced SQL troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in designing / optimizing MSSQL databases.
- Proven experience in mentoring other DBAs.
- Make sure the database design is robust, scalable, and performs optimally.
- Work with other developers, support and production DBAs to ensure solutions meet application requirements and performance goals.
- Actively contribute to meeting planning, documentation and testing.
- Determine, manage and document the policies, procedures and standards of databases within BET.
- Define and maintain database standards, including coding standards.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents database artifacts
- Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures, and triggers to support application development
- Responsible for carrying out development projects
- Works with support teams to investigate operational issues / system requirements
- Develops business cases, requirements and performance metrics as needed
- Prepare detailed technical specification documents
- Minimize database downtime and manage settings to provide quick responses to queries.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, confidentiality and integrity.
- Develop processes to optimize database security.
- Optimization of the performance of database systems and queries.
- Create automation for repeated database tasks.
- Be available for on-call assistance if needed.
- Proactively find and resolve long-running queries and other database performance bottlenecks.
Initiative and innovation
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Implement improved processes that have a positive effect on team performance and the company’s bottom line.
- Actively participate in problem solving and, if necessary, work after hours to ensure problems are resolved.
- Shows foresight to avoid mistakes or delays in projects.
- Demonstrate initiative by understanding, acquiring and implementing new knowledge and skills both within the team and within the larger group.
- Integrates new capabilities into daily operational activities to improve performance. products and systems.
- Ensure that the techniques, technologies, tools and processes used comply with best industry practices.
- Identify team members requiring specific knowledge, skills or understanding and look for ways to impart or enhance the skills of team members through coaching and mentoring.
- Check that the knowledge has been transmitted successfully and if not, take action to correct the gaps in the knowledge transfer.
- Provide technical advice to the team through collaborative sessions and knowledge sharing initiatives
If you are not contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as rejected
Desired work experience: