Technical Manager at BET Software
We want you:
Our development team has a place for a database administrator technical lead. You will report to the Team Leader and work closely to plan, design and execute technical solutions and enhancements within the respective software development team. We see you as the technical expert, with a solid understanding of technology systems, architecture, data structures and data sources.
- 5-7 years of experience in a commercial environment using a highly transactional database;
- 5+ years experience in MS SQL – all aspects;
- Advanced SQL skills and query writing skills;
- Advanced SQL troubleshooting skills;
- Experience in MS SQL database design/optimization;
- Proven track record in mentoring other DBAs.
Good to have:
- Relevant qualification in business administration;
- Prior experience in a software development environment.
What you will do:
- Provide technical leadership to the team through collaboration sessions and knowledge sharing initiatives;
- Collaborate regularly with software architects to ensure that development within the team complies with architectural guidelines;
- Work with other DBAs/developers and architects to ensure solutions meet application requirements and performance goals;
- Ensure that all technical solutions deployed take into account: compatibility with other environments and dependencies, have a high usability factor, are reliable to reduce downtime, operate at maximum efficiency during periods of edge of use, consider security at its highest level (third-party attacks, data protection, etc.);
- Drive the adoption of processes within the team that consider and meet expectations for throughput rates and technical responses, processing times, efficient use of resources during operation, and that the system or the solution ensures that maximum operational capacity requirements are met;
- Ensure rigorous testing of any solution before deployment and create standards and processes within the team to align with these;
- Ensure delivery of a complete and technically sound solution that covers all agreed specified tasks and user objectives and has been thoroughly tested;
- Develop the solution in a way that supports modification for future DBAs, thereby reducing the number of defects negatively affecting the quality of the system;
- Implement improved processes that positively impact team performance and business results;
- Actively participate in problem solving and, if necessary, work after hours to ensure that problems are resolved;
- Incorporate new capabilities into daily operational activities to improve product and system performance;
- Identify team members requiring specific knowledge, skills or understanding, and seek ways to impart or improve team member skills through coaching and mentoring;
- Verify that knowledge has been successfully transferred and, if not, take action to address gaps in knowledge transfer;
- Able to handle pressure and can effectively adjust plans to meet changing needs/demands;
- Accept changes to tasks, plans and procedures to align with the strategic direction of the organization and appropriately adjust behavior and activities to changing conditions;
- Make confident, timely and fact-based decisions drawing on a wide range of resources through collaboration with others;
- Able to logically defend and explain judgments and decisions;
- Look for opportunities to create new ideas and innovate or improve efficiency where possible.
About the employer:
The company we keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we nurture it. Our learning and development programs, diverse growth opportunities, and well-deserved incentives are what make our All-Star team the best among the rest.
Find out more/Apply to this position